Sapporo Weather in late June/early July
- Low 17~20C, High 24~28C
- It may rain, but there is no rainy season called “Tsuyu” in Hokkaido.
- Accuweather Extended Forecast for Sapporo
Exchange rate (6month average, 2016-8-2016) is
- 1 USD = 108 JPY
- 1 EUR = 121 JPY
In Japan, consumption tax of 8% is imposed when you shop. For purchases exceeding 5,000 to 10,000JPY at a relatively large store, you may be able to receive a tax refund. The minimum amount depends on product categories. Look for a “Tax-free Shop” sign near a store entrance. You must show your passport when you make a purchase to qualify for tax exemption. Tax refund process varies across stores. At some store, you pay the amount net of consumption tax when you purchase; at others, you pay tax-inclusive price first and you bring all your receipts to a tax refund desk. For details see this site.
Free WiFi in Japan
- Starbucks JP offers free unlimited WiFi access. Before you go to Starbucks, access Starbucks JP’s web page and sign up.
- Japan Connected Free WiFi is a free ‘extremely convenient’ app for android and iOS, which help you access many free WiFi services throughout Japan. It is a must have when you travel in Japan.
- Sapporo-City WiFi provides free internet access for your smartphones and tablets for visitors up to 14 days at major stations in Sapporo downtown. You will be required to reconnect every 30 minutes. You can easily access Sapporo-City WiFi through Japan Connected Free WiFi.
Address system in Japan is not straightforward. Having a prepaid SIM may help you find your way when sightseeing. SIMs below use the same 4G(LTE)/3G network. You need a SIM-free phone to use them.
- Japan Travel SIM by IIJ Mio (data)
- So-net Prepaid LTE SIM (data)
- NTT Communications Prepaid SIM for Japan (data)
- Biglobe Ninja SIM (data)
- b-mobile PAYG SIM (data & voice)